Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Repetitive and Mind-numbing

Occasionally I do some freelance work on the side for a couple of reasons. (1) I get to practice having real life clientele on real life paid projects, which is great for experience and exposure, and (2) I get some extra money to spend on frivolous things like rent and tuition.

But lately, it's been such a hassle I feel my schoolwork is suffering. I stay up late into the night working on last minute changes for someone's logo and put way more time into the project than what I'm getting paid for. I need to find a side job that is just repetitive and mind-numbing. Repetitive and mind-numbing. Maybe I'll get a government job. :P

4 comments:

  1. Repetitive and mind numbing, yeah, I hear ya! That's livin the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the creative power I use in my schoolwork, believe it or not, something mindless is exactly what I'm looking for.

    Of course, I seem to find mindless every week when he shows up in our comic strip. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree, I would like to find a job where I just do a lot of sorting or alphabetizing or something.

    OoOoOooh! Are you saying that he is exactly what you're looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well "Max" isn't really a career choice, although baby-sitting him could easily become a full-time chore. Even our comic strip doesn't make much income. We only get a couple of cents here and there when someone clicks on an Ads by Google link, and that never happens!

    ReplyDelete